Sunday, May 11, 2008

Pretty Scarves


I have finally started knitting again after neglecting this hobby for a long time - well, since I found the internet actually! My mother taught me to knit when I was seven years old. Ma was an excellent knitter and was never without her needles and yarn. I have always loved knitting - the feel of the yarn and the smoothness of the needles - and for many years I didn't leave the house without my knitting bag.

I knitted as Mr. Indi drove when we went from California to Washington, D.C., Florida and Texas. I knitted as I sat on a train every day for many years commuting 60 miles each way to work. I knitted as I sat next to my children when they were sick in the hospital....and I knitted as I enjoyed quiet time listening to a favorite radio show.

Well, since I went to a new craft store that has just opened near here, the knitting bug is back! They have a marvelous array of yarns in a delicious assortment of colours. I have just learned that one of my nieces is expecting a baby so I will be looking for a pretty yarn to make a baby blanket....and I look forward to sitting in my garden with my needles quietly clicking along!

My son and his wife came to visit yesterday and we all went out for an early dinner at the Thai restaurant to celebrate Mother's Day (a little early.) As a MD gift they gave me some beautiful scarves in wonderful colours - pink and orange - black and silver and green - just lovely. I wear a scarf around my neck every day since I've had my trache. It's not that I am embarrassed or ashamed of my trache - it's just that it isn't exactly a fashion statement! And now that scarves are in - I feel quite with it!

Our meal at the Thai was nice but that place sure is noisy! When we left, Mr. Indi had an awful headache - I'm not surprised. And so to an early bed.

I took the picture above last September- in the front garden- at dusk.

No comments: