Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mothers and kids!


Mr. Indi went to work yesterday - I think he is quite mad - he had some pressing items to take care of and he feels a deep obligation to his boss who has been more than kind and generous during the past 5 years of the fight. However, he could only manage about 4 hours and was back home at 10:am and soon crashed into bed and was out for the count!

After he got up from his rest, Mr. I was a bit peckish so we went to a local eatery for lunch. What a nightmare that was.

Shortly after we were seated, two young mothers (20ish) each with a little child - one a boy about 12 months - the other a girl about 18 months were seated in a booth across from us. Do I have to tell you what happened?.....Arggggg......the little girl squealed, shrieked, shouted, sobbed, threw herself around the booth, jumped up and down and turned blue! This went on for 20 minutes during which time the two mothers chatted as though nothing was wrong! They acted as though this was perfectly normal! I couldn't eat my sandwich fast enough....my ears were ringing as we left and when we got home it was back to bed for poor Mr. Indi!

The picture above is the lighthouse at Monterey, California. I took the picture in September 2006.

No comments: