Monday, May 12, 2008

Mother's Day Treats


Yesterday was Mother's Day here in the good old U S of A and we went out for a nice lunch with my lovely daughter, her hubby and their two beautiful daughters. We went very early to Carino's restaurant as I had been warned that they would be EXTREMELY busy on Mother's Day. Rubbish! There was no-one there and even when we left at 12:30 p.m. the place was still only 1/4 full. I suspect it is a sign of the times and this pathetic economy. Nobody can afford Mom anymore!

My son-in-law took a great picture of the family outside of the restaurant (with my camera) but unfortunately the shot was spoiled by a background of traffic lights - cars - electric wires and other assorted eyesores......so I spent a pleasant hour playing with Paint Shop Pro and erasing the garbage. I'm quite pleased with the results. I think I'm finally getting the hang of cloning!

It was not a good day for Mr. Indi - he crashed badly from the chemo - and he spent most of the afternoon either in bed or on the loo!...Poor old thing. ...Well, not so much of the old! But at least he enjoyed his roast chicken dinner. It was a nice plump bird and I made new potatoes, stuffing and delicious green beans but after a desert of papaya and ice cream it was back to the sack for Mr. I.

The picture above is one I took yesterday of the beautiful orchids that I received from my daughter and her family for Mother's Day

No comments: