Monday, May 19, 2008

Another Year Down the Drain!


Today is Mr. Indi's birthday - he's a mere stripling of a lad at 58. So, we went out at the weekend looking for a gift and he decided to buy me a 46" Samsung flat screen TV! Isn't that good of him! Actually it's a gift to share between the two of us as I didn't get a BD gift in March because I was in the middle of radiation and not feeling in a birthday mood!


We were told that the TV would be delivered early this morning and we would be the first drop-off. They were not kidding!....at 6:30 a.m. a big burly bloke was hammering on my front door! I didn't mind as I had been up for over an hour but I'm sure some people wouldn't like such an early delivery! It was all set up within minutes and I can now watch the Los Angeles Dodgers on a REALLY REALLY BIG SCREEN! Go Blue!


On Saturday evening, we had a great visit with Jerry S. and his lovely wife and daughter - I was pleased to be able to give Jerry some info on the Woods family that he had not seen before. Now, I must go back through my files and find the old Woods photos that we scanned years ago. Our visitors enjoyed looking at our doll houses (scratch built) and they also enjoyed some good Dairymaid ice cream before they left for the airport. They are delightful people and we were happy that they came by the house. I must say that my hobby of genealogy has led me to some very very nice folks!


The weather has been outrageously hot this last weekend - It got up to 108F (42C) yesterday and I was just miserable. The heat seems to make my choking spells come more often so I will have to stay indoors until it cools down - maybe by Wednesday - they say! I hope we can go to the beach next weekend - I need some cool ocean air! Speaking of the beach - I took the photo above at Encinitas, California in October, 2006. There were some people on the beach - but I got rid of them!

No comments: