Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Trache Out Day - Yikes!


Today I get my trache out. I'm a bit nervous because the last time I had a trache pulled out (last October) it hurt like a son of a gun and I had quite a bit of bleeding....which was unfortunate as I was wearing a white shirt that got ruined! Duh.......today I shall wear red!


I have been doing really well since we capped off the trache and my talking has improved 1000% percent. I'm not sure that Mr. Indi is pleased with that! But my sister called me yesterday and she is thrilled that we can actually yak for an hour - just like the old days.


If all goes well, I shall only need a dressing on my neck for about 4-5 days as the trache hole heals up very fast. So.....a week from now I should be as good as new.


I'm still not ready to be over the moon with my prognosis but if I can go for 6 months without the tumor reappearing I shall be forever grateful to Dr. K and his staff....and of course Dr. Janet and all the kind people at the radiation clinic.


Yesterday, Mr. Indi had blood tests in prep for more chemo on tomorrow (Thursday.) We have discovered that you can make an appointment on line for the blood lab and that is proving to be a boon. No more waiting in a queue for an hour.....of course, if everyone makes an appointment then it will mean waiting in a queue for an hour!


The picture above is one I took yesterday when I was dead-heading my geraniums.

No comments: