Saturday, May 17, 2008

Tiger Swallowtail





I woke up crying this morning - even though I had had a fairly decent night - only 3 times with the sucky machine - so I think today is one of those "leave me alone" days.


I decided to go and look for Jacaranda trees to photograph and I found some beautiful ones in our local park - also a lovely queen palm.


It really is a nice park and it's very peaceful early in the morning - just a couple of dog walkers. Later on in the day there will be riders along the horse trail and children playing on the swings and slides......unless it gets too hot in which case there will be no-one!


I came back home and was puttering about in the back garden when I spotted a Tiger Swallowtail - it led me on a merry dance all over the place but kept coming back to the bougainvillea....so I stood with my camera for a few minutes and was able to snap him......he sure is pretty.


I hope you enjoy the pictures.




1 comment:

FodoDodo said...

Thank you so much! JACARANDA trees! I will have to remember that name - I searched and searched for it online, but never did find it. How wonderful to find someone who knows! They really are so lovely!