Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Do I look like this?


The weather did a complete turnaround yesterday. We went from cool and moist with lots of marine layer clouds coming in from the Pacific Ocean to dry and warm with the wind blowing from the desert. This change has caused me no end of grief because the pollen count just shot up to astronomical levels and caused my choking episodes to go from 1-2 a day to 6-8 a day.

Mr Indi had stayed home yesterday - he is feeling a little better but decided he would take the day to work remotely from his laptop. I decided to use the coupons that I had received from Macys a few days ago believing that some retail therapy would help my attitude! I convinced Mr. I. that he should take a break and come with me to the the shopping mall and so, at about 11:15 a.m. we set off.

I tried to protect myself against the pollen, ragweed, dandelion fairies etc. by wearing a surgical mask and sun glasses. I also put a humidifier gizmo over the end of my trache.....and.....off we went. As I was driving down the street, Mr Indi remarked on how I looked just like Claude Rains as The Invisible Man....... see picture above.

I laughed so hard that I started choking again and had to pull over to the side of the road! Serves me right!

No comments: