Thursday, May 8, 2008

A Day to Remember - and Smile


My daughter was born at 8:30 in the morning of May 8 1961 - the day of my father's funeral. I had gone into labour the day after he died and had been in the hospital for 2 days when she was born. She was a tiny little doll - just 3lbs 12 oz but with a gigantic set of lungs! She cried as loud as the big babies in the nursery.....but was mostly a happy soul.
My daughter died on Jan 28 1997 in a hotel room in Italy while on a skiing vacation with her husband and son who was just 7 years old. She was living in England at the time and I had not seen her for 3 years - I never got to say goodbye.
My daughter was a remarkable person who overcame her handicaps and lived her life to the full. She had a wicked sense of humor and a helping hand for anyone and everyone. She always looked on the bright side. I will always miss her.
The photo above is her high-school graduation photo. She was 17 when it was taken.

No comments: