Friday, May 30, 2008

Palm Tree Tales!


This afternoon, a nice chap knocked on the door and asked if I needed my palm trees trimming. His crew where working in the neighborhood and he said he could give me a good deal. He offered to do one tree for $100 or both trees for $80 cash! I liked this chaps math and took the both for $80 cash deal....... but then I got to thinking.....I wonder what the one for $100 entailed in the way of payment......was it an arm - a leg - or both - maybe gold bullion - my first born child? I guess I will never know......but the $80 cash for two deal sounded good...particularly as Mr. Indi is in no condition to trim palm trees (he's afraid of heights!) and at my age, I am NOT shimmying up any 60 foot trees.


The whole job took about an hour and, while I was happy with the work, I started to worry that I had inadvertently hired some illegal aliens and therefore contributed to the delinquency of an alien.....an offense punishable by gawd knows what these days! I shall keep my eyes open for any federal agents that might be lurking! Maybe the $80 for two wasn't such a good deal.


The picture above is one that I took this afternoon. It is the pink blossom tree out by the main road.


No comments: