Monday, May 26, 2008

Temecula






On Saturday, me and him went to Temecula for the day. It's only about an hours easy drive from the house and makes for a fun trip. We arrived at about 11a.m. and the first place we visited was the Farmer's Market which is held every Saturday/Sunday morning until about 1p.m. The photos above are of some of the fruit and flowers on sale. The flowers were beautiful but caused me to go into another of my choking fits! I managed to recover and catch up with Mr. Indi who had wandered down to the far reaches of the market where vendors were selling all different types of ethnic foods - Mexican - Colombian - Peruvian. The smells were amazing and made the tummy start to rumble! Mr. Indi wanted to grab some of the delights but I was more in the mood for a proper sit down meal so I drug him away.


We walked a little way down the street to a restaurant called Penfold's Cattle Company. I was interested in taking a picture of the restaurant sign that was above the bar. Penfold is a Romany name and there are many people in England with Penfold roots. I will post the picture on some genealogy sites.


Lunch was scrumptious - I had salmon with an orange glaze over garlic mashed potatoes and he had a Triple Decker Club Sandwich that was so big he could hardly get his mouth around it. He tried one of the beers from Stone's (a local brewery) but I just stuck to my old Bud Lite!


After lunch we wandered around the antique shops and I purchased 3 old photos - all of which have names on the back and so I hope to be able to find them in a census or two and maybe return them to their families. We also went to the magic shop where I got a couple of silly magic tricks for my lovely granddaughters. Our final stop was at Rosa's Cantina where we sat on the patio and had a beer and I took a few more pictures - mostly of the birds nesting in the roof tiles!


Twas a lovely day out.


No comments: