Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Good - The Bad and.........


I got my trache out and it was a breeze - No pain - No blood - it was all over in 5 minutes. However, Dr. K was very firm that I must remember to keep my fingers pushed tightly on the dressing that is covering my hole every time I cough or talk so that no air escapes. I have been following this direction faithfully as I don't want to cough and end up flying around the room, bashing into the walls and ceiling and ending up in a crumpled heap behind the television!

He also warned me that the hole may not heal because of the effects of radiation but if that is the case it will simply be a matter of a couple of stitches to close it up. I go back next week to have him check it.


Mr. Indi had stayed home to go to the docs with me because I was being a big baby and after we got finished and I had had my hugs from Sharon (she's so lovely to me!) we went off to Henry's Market to get some fresh fruit. I picked up some Pink Lady apples, (that reminds me of a 2 Ronnies sketch- I'll have a pink lady on the rocks!) a couple of Bosc pears and two beautiful nectarines. I also got a package of 3 chocolate dipping sauces - Rich Chocolate - Orange Chocolate - Amaretto Chocolate - into which you can dip slices of apple or peach or whole strawberries or your fingers! Yum!


We had a nice lunch at BJ's Chicago Pizzeria. I had a Gorgonzola and pesto pizza on a very thin crust and Mr. Indi had 4 sliders (little burgers with all the fixings.) So, the day was progressing nicely but when we got home the phone rang and it was Regina from the chemo center to say that Mr. Indi's red cell count is so low that he can't have chemo this week and in fact will have to go to the hospital for a blood transfusion! Argggggg!


We drove down to the hospital so that he could have blood drawn for typing - even though we know that he's an O pos from his days as a donor - and we got all the paperwork filled out for an 8a.m appointment this morning. So, as it is now 6a.m. I will be off to do a few chores before we leave and will continue with this when I get the chance.


The picture above is one I took last week at the Mission Inn.



No comments: