Friday, May 16, 2008

He needs his eyes testing.


Yesterday, me and him went to a pizza parlor for lunch - a pizza parlor that we hadn't been to in about 10-12 years. It hadn't changed much really - a few more big screen TVs with a variety of sports all playing at the same time - ice hockey next to beach volley ball was a bit strange - but it was basically the same and I was happy to see that they had the electronic trivia game which gave my brain the opportunity to think while my mouth chewed.

We met a couple of very nice young chaps - about thirtyish- who were also playing the game. One of them correctly identified that I am from England......probably because I was correct with all the UK answers! - Trafalgar - Lord Byron - Balmoral - Shepherd's Pie - and funnily, Claude Rains!

After a while, the other young man said that I reminded him of Cate Blanchett - I said to him,"WHAT........apart from the fact that Cate is an Aussie - I am 65- have a tracheostomy- my eyelids are drooping and I have laugh lines where I don't laugh!" He said, "Maybe it's the way you wear your hair." Hmmmmmmm..........maybe he's right.

The picture above was taken last week - a lovely double hibiscus in my back garden.

No comments: