Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Night Time


Well, that was the night from hell. I went to bed early but had to get up again at 11:15 p.m. with a choking spell. This necessitated dragging the sucky machine and associated clobber onto the bed and having a good clear out. It didn't take long and I was soon back under the covers but sleep did not come. I heard Mr. Indi clomping about and looked at my all-in-one digital clock, thermometer and compass and saw that it was 2:45 a.m.....I also noticed that it was 73 degrees Fahrenheit and that the bed was facing north north east! Mr Indi bought me a cup of tea before he left work work at 3:30 a.m. and I took a pain killer but still no sleep.

Shortly after Mr. Indi left, the dog next door started barking and howling - as it does most nights - grrr! I expect it was after Mr. and Mrs. Skunk and their two delightful children Stinky Poo and Stinky Sue who are wont to roam the neighborhood all night.

So, as I lay awake, I got to thinking about people and their dogs. What is it with people?

A couple of weeks ago I was in the supermarket when I spotted a middle-aged woman holding a Yorkshire terrier, that was wrapped in a blanket, on her shoulder as though it was a baby! Well, first of all, I thought, dogs aren't allowed in the supermarket in this state (unless for the handicapped , of course) and second of all why does that woman break the law like that?

Well, I know why - she doesn't think that the animal on her shoulder is a dog! She thinks it's a family member and not covered under California dog laws. How dense can you be?

Now, I will lie down!

The photo above is one that I took in October, 2006 in Morro Bay.

1 comment:

¡ PASKIJONES !!! said...

Lips to lips, my muse!

I recognize being a bit random in my cyber-life don't know why but probably because our social isolations were quite similar along many years, i saved your website in my almost deserted favorite links section in my internet explorer's upper bar (don't know the translation into english, so sorry). An idea just crossed my brain! Wanna design with me and in your language a weblog about how the world is seen thru' the eyes of a pair of handicapped pals?!(don't know if you aannswered my posts but no alert has arrived in my box). My grammar health is kind of pitiful, i know, but drafting in saxon quite often would improve it as a shooting star becomes history! Spit your oponion if of course you feel like into my inbox paskijones@paskijones.net and if possitive my lips will tear apart thanks to a ultra-wide smile, ok?! Yours faithfully, Pasquinel Beltrán