Saturday, May 3, 2008

Friday Fish Story


I fancied some fish but we don't have a decent fish market within 20 miles of here so I had to settle for the supermarket variety. I decided on cod which didn't look too bad and I was going to bake it and serve a nice tomato rice dish on the side. You will notice that I'm speaking about this fish in the past tense!

I opened the fridge door at about 3p.m. to get a can of pop and Whoooooooo!.......Something had died in there! I wrapped the smelly fish up in 3 grocery bags and drove it back to the market. I got no argument from the store clerk....she opened the bags and rolled her eyes and staggered back......she quickly wrapped the cod back up....and gave me back my $7.75. Goodbye fish!

Mr. Indi, who had accompanied me to the fish funeral, suggested Thai for dinner but as it was only 4p.m. we went to the Hot Wings place first for a cold drink and a game of trivia. The place soon started to fill up with the Friday after-work crowd and soon there were 7-8 of us playing the trivia game. What a laugh we had! I managed to win a couple of games but the star was a young man who is a 6th grade teacher....a really nice chap....I hope we see him again for a game.

We had our Thai dinner - I had rice and a mild yellow chicken curry made with tender young mild yellow chickens- he had shrimp in a fire hot brown sauce! So, what started out as a fish disaster ended up as a lovely evening out.

No comments: