Wednesday, October 15, 2008

What to Make?


Yesterday was a very busy day and, as we are both hobbling around like a pair of decrepit old buggers, it seemed to go on forever!


We went to that famous upscale French department store - Target - and I bought a Crotch pot (as my daughter called it when she was little - she would say, "Hey Mom, what's in the crotch pot?") I've been thinking about getting one for quite a while and I think it will come in handy this winter. I shall be able to assemble the stuff for a stew or soup early in the morning when I have a modicum of energy - and I shall be able to serve it up in the evening when I have just enough strength to ladle a spoonful onto a plate! OR - we can just eat it out of the pot and do away with dishes altogether! Now all I need is Crotch Pot recipes.


Since I had my car fixed a few weeks ago, every time I start it up, a belt squeals like a cat in heat for about 10 minutes until the car gets warmed up - Grrr! I wouldn't mind but all the neighbors for 3 blocks in any direction now know when I'm leaving the house - especially that nosey old hag - err, I mean lady - who lives next door. So, yesterday we took it to Ryan, our new found mechanic. Ryan was happy to fix it and we were only there for an hour. Cost: $130. Ryan likes us!


The wind has died down and now I have to set about the job of sweeping up several tons of dust that has settled on both the front and side porch. The wind has done my beautiful impatiens in and they are now drooped over the sides of the pots with their little heads bashed in - everso sad!


Still can't decide where to stay in San Diego - I would like to be downtown in the Gaslamp district but most of the hotels are a bit 'spensive AND charge $30 a day for parking on top of the cost of the room. Cor! - a bit rich, ain't it? I shall have to break open my piggy bank and count my change. I might be able to scrape enough together.


The picture is of the beach at San Clemente taken last year.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

"as we are both hobbling around like a pair of decrepit old buggers"
Nahh don't believe it, you only want me to buy you a drink, lol
love the blog sis,
have fun, wayne (kitch)