Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Blazin'


Well, "Arthur" is still hanging around but I won't let the bastard take over my life! I shall ignore him - he might go away!


We are back in the wild fire season again with winds gusting to 50-60 miles an hour. There are at least 3 large fires burning in the Los Angeles area but luckily none of them near us - although we did have a bit of a scare yesterday afternoon. We had been down the road to grab a bite to eat at lunch time and as I drove back toward the house, I could see smoke rising from near the river bed. As I got to within a couple of hundred yards of the bridge over the river, the police blocked off the road! Grr! I had to drive about 6 miles out of my way to get back home. Thank goodness they put the fire out very quickly. With any luck, those devil Santa Ana winds will die down today and no more homes will be lost.


Mr. Indi is off work all of this week. He has a combination of blood tests, a doc appt and a couple of vacation days. I also have a doc appt (on Wednesday) to see Dr. K for a check-up on my throat. I will have all my fingers and toes crossed. Poor Mr. Indi is suffering with his back - the pain is getting more difficult to control - he has tried several pain killers but none seem to work very well although yesterday he took some Darvocet that I had left over from my throat surgery and that seemed to dull the pain better than the Vicodin. He will be mentioning that to Dr. Dina on Thursday.


Well, if the Dodgers don't beat the Phillys tonight, they will be knocked out of the playoffs! Boo Hoo! They are down 3 games to 1 in the best of 7 series. I'm sure that this unlucky streak has something to do with the fact that I can't find a Dodgers cap with dreadlocks attached - if I was wearing one - we would be winning!


Over the weekend, we ate at the BEST BBQ place that I have ever been to. It's called Famous Dave's BBQ and the food is bloody luverly! The place was packed at 3:00 on a Sunday afternoon and we had to wait almost an hour for a table - BUT it was worth the wait. The cole slaw is heavenly, the corn bread is delish, the ribs as tender as can be - we shall return!
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I have finished the most depressing book I ever read! Actually, in the end, it was very uplifting. It is called The Outcast by British author, Sadie Jones. At times, I wanted to throw the book away but there is something that is riveting about it and I had to keep going in order to find out what happened to this poor damaged soul. Great stuff!

The picture is one I took earlier in the summer in San Clemente. Unknown flowers - as usual!

p.s. thank you G A R and Mrs. Banjo for your messages xxxxxxx

3 comments:

Muderma said...

Thank goodness you've reappeared Indi ... I was getting withdrawal symptoms.

Good luck with all the medical tests ... I'll have a word with the sisters and Him upstairs !

XX Granny

Muderma said...

Forgot to add ... if that pretty pink flower has slightly rough and scratchy aromatic leaves, its Lantana camara ... related to the sages !

Just me showing off AGAIN !

Granny

Anonymous said...

Good to see you up and running again. Missed the blog, glad you are back. Good luck tomorrow. Mrs Banjobfuipedv