Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Eagles and Racehorses!


Mrs. Banjo (and others) will be pleased to learn that I finally got a Dr. Appt to see about my arthritis, swollen feet, knitted brow, chipped toenail, saggy boobs, and pimple on me bum! I went to see Dr. I yesterday afternoon. She didn't have any remedies for the last 4 ailments which she put down to me being a decrepit old bag - BUT - she did give me meds for my arthritis and the swelling in my joints. She said that part of my problem stems from my blood pressure which has shot up into the stratosphere and is causing some fluid retention - and for that she has prescribed BP meds and Lasix. Now, they give Lasix to racehorses to improve their performance! However, don't expect to see me galloping around the track at Santa Anita any time soon; this old nag crossed the finish line long ago!


I have to go back to see Dr. I next Thursday. I had never seen her before and she was very kind and very thorough so I am happy to be in her care.


Mr. Indi went to work this morning but just called to say he will be coming back home very soon. He is having lots of problems with his back and can't seem to find a drug or combination of drugs that give him much relief. Yesterday, he used the heating pad and that did help a bit. Anyway, he's going to call Dina and see if she has anything else in her bag of tricks. There is nothing worse than having toothache in your back!


Today, the Santa Ana winds will be back - although not as strong as last week. We shall all be on alert for wild fires. This is always such a scary time of the year. With the winds will come the heat - tis forecast to be 97F this afternoon. Where is autumn?


The picture is of a lovely statue of an eagle that is to be found at Seaport Village. In 'e nice?

2 comments:

Muderma said...

Glad you've FINALLY got to see a doc, who has offered treatment for one third of your ails ... as you say, not much can be done for the other two thirds. And don't try under-wired uplifts ... they HURT !

Your temperature going up that high ? I hear they had snow in Toronto ... that's on the same continent as you and him, isn't it ? !!

Anonymous said...

Well done mrs Indi, soooo glad you got to the docs.. I didn't know you had blood pressure, am glad you got some meds to sort it. Hope it makes you feel better. Love to Mr Indi