Friday, October 3, 2008

Stress is Good for You!


Mr. Indi went off to work at 3:30 yesterday morning but at 6:00 a.m. called me to say that he had had a very nasty turn and was coming home. Oh crap! Anyone who knows the Los Angles freeway system knows how you need to keep your wits about you to dodge all the terrible drivers out there. It is difficult enough to negotiate those 6, 8 or even 10 lane highways when you are feeling fit and here he was feeling woosie at 70mph! I was worried sick but he was able to get home without incident and within 5 minutes was stripped off and passed out in bed.


Some days I don't think that my nerves will take the stress of living with this time bomb but thank goodness I can find a few diversions. Yesterday it was my day to go to the beauty shop and get a do over - and boy did I need it! My hairdresser is a very sweet lady who has just learned how to knit and she is very excited about making a little hat for her new baby granddaughter - Ahhh! She has learned how to do the knit stitch but can't quite master the purl - I was happy to show her how I do it and she was pleased for the help. We had a nice natter re babies and bodging and after an hour or so my head was looking much more presentable! Now, if I can just do something with the rest of me!


As if life isn't sucky enough - I am now reading the most depressing book that I have ever read in my life. Ok - so why don't you stop reading it - you ask! Well, to tell the truth - I can't stop reading it because I have to find out what happens in the end. This book covers the whole morbid spectrum from a mother who accidentally drowns to a father who is a sadist to a child who self mutilates! It is set in 1950s England and the weather is cold and rainy and the people are snooty and selfish! Just the job to cheer me up! I'll tell you what it's called when I finish it.


By the time I had fixed the dinner, his Lordship was feeling much improved, although still a bit wobbly. He really enjoyed the liver and bacon with mash and spinach and lots of gravy. That should give his red cells a bit of a boost and put hair on his chest!
After dinner, we watched the debate between Mrs. Palin and Mr. Biden. I just can't bring myself to like that Palin woman - AND - when she winked at the camera I thought I was going to choke! WINK! Huh! She's a dip stick par excellence! Mr. Biden is a real pro at politics and it shows - not that that makes him a good guy - but at least he didn't wink!
The picture is of the little miniature rose that is growing in a pot on the patio. The picture was taken a few months ago - the rose is now shrivelled up and hanging on to life by a thread!

No comments: