Sunday, October 19, 2008

St. James and More!

Our stay at the "Historic" Hotel St. James has been a mixed bag! On the up side, we spent a pleasant hour at the roof top garden and meet some very nice people from Maryland who were enjoying their first ever trip to Califoria. On the downside, the couple in the room next door must be operating on a different clock from the rest of us - it seems their day began at 1 a.m. I think the lady must have really liked the man because she kept oooooooooohing and ahhhhhhhhhhing. I also think he was tickling her (fancy) because she was giggling a lot - AND I think they should tell the hotel management about the squeaky bed. I don't know why it was sqeaking but it probably needs a drop of WD40.

My friend, who lives down here in this lovely city, came to see us and was kind enough to drive us around. Our first stop was the Embarcadero and Tuna Harbor Park. That is where I took the photo of this wonderful statue that was copied from a very famous photograph that was taken on VJ Day in 1945 in Times Square, New York. I'm so glad that I got some children in the photo - it gives some perspective. In the background is the aircraft carrier USS Midway - now a museum.

In the same area as the huge statue is a wonderful arrangement of life sized statues depicting a tribute to Bob Hope for all the work he did for the troops over so many years.

Our next stop was Seaport Village - a very touristy area a little further down the bay. We hadn't been there in several years but I think the same tourists were still hanging out there! Or maybe they just all look the same! Mr. Indi was looking at birds through the telescope. I'm so glad he chose the gold handbag! It matches his ensemble!


We ended up at a nice little watering hole where we munched and drank and watched the world go by. Thank you, dear friend, for a lovely time. We love San Diego.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great time - I'm so glad you had a fun weekend. Love Anjo xx