Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Black and Blue!


Mr. Indi was back at work yesterday and feeling quite well. His only real problem at the moment is a rather nasty bruise at the site of his port-a-cath. The port-a-cath is a device that is implanted in his upper chest and is used to administer chemo fluids. The device was implanted last year when the veins in his arms became so damaged as to be unusable for an IV.


I think that during his last chemo session, JoAnne got a bit carried away and stabbed him with great gusto in his port! Hence the nasty bruise. Still, I am keeping my eye on it to make sure that it isn't infected.


We went to the wings place for lunch - we haven't been there for ages and it was good to see Roxie and Juan - in fact it was wonderful to see them as they paid for our lunch! His Lordship had the cheeseburger sliders and I had a fish sandwich - it was all very yummy! But - I always have the same problem with the wings place - it's too bloody cold in there - brrrrr! By the time we had finished our food, I was a nice shade of blue!


Mr. Indi wants to go away for a weekend before he has to have any more chemo and so I will be looking for a good deal on the internet. I think that this time we shall go down to San Diego - there is so much to see and October is a great time of the year for visiting the ocean. So - LOOK OUT down south!


The picture was taken on the grounds of the Mission Inn in Riverside.

No comments: