Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Eat Your Veggies!


We managed to get an appt to see Dina at 11:45 - well, that turned out to be 12:30! Grr! She gave Mr. Indi's back a good looking over and a bit of a pummel but didn't see anything out of the ordinary - SO - he has to go today and get a series of X-rays of his spine and right rib cage. The X-ray clinic does not take appointments and works on a first come - first served basis. I suppose we will try to get there at 8:00 a.m. and hope for the best. I expect I shall get a lot of knitting done today!


On Sunday, I made a really delicious roast loin of pork with all the trimmings and there was plenty left over and so yesterday we had cold roast pork but I couldn't decide what to fix with it. As I wandered round the supermarket, I spotted a lovely little cauliflower - Ah Ah! cauliflower cheese - delish! Mr. Indi doesn't like it much - but sometimes he has to put up with my vegetable choices - either that or go without! As I was fixing the cheese sauce, I remembered that I needed to take my arthritis meds - and THAT got me composing a poem!


Cauliflower cheese is good for the knees

It's better than turnips, it's better than peas

It's better than beans and it's better than rice

Serve it with pork and it's twice as nice!



Today's picture is one I took of an alley in Riverside - I like the shadows.

No comments: