Monday, October 20, 2008

More San Diego!

While we were down at the Embarcadero, we saw a couple of cruise ships waiting to leave the harbor. I really like this one - although I've never much fancied being stuck on a boat with perfect strangers and catching some bug that causes me to spend 3 days in the loo - but some folks like cruising! She is called the Oosterdam and is part of the Holland America Line. I looked them up on the internet and found that she sails regularly from SD to the Mexican Riviera for 6 days 7 nights. I couldn't believe how cheap it is. Hmmmmm. I may have to rethink my position on cruising!


I took this picture from the rooftop garden at the St. James. You can see a plane - I think it's American Airlines - coming in to land at Lindbergh Field - San Diego's answer to LAX! Mr. Indi didn't much care for the roof. It got his vertigo in an uproar! The hotel fire escape leads from the rooftop down to the street on the outside of the building. Mr. Indi said that in event of fire, he would wait on the roof for a helicopter to rescue him!


Seaport Village is a great place to people watch - and you do see some things! I thought this wedding was pretty but - Oh Boy! - those kids look so young! I didn't know you could get married at 12! The old chap driving the wedding coach looked like he was bored out of his mind! I think he was catching a few zzzzzzzz!


Oy - somebody took a picture of me and him! And - we are playing squeezy bums! Naughty!


We had a nice quiet drive home - here is a shot from near Temecula - you can see the vineyards. We stopped and had a bite to eat and were glad to be back at the house by about 2 p.m. We had an early night and - I don't care what you say about vacation - there is nothing like yer own bed! So, here we are back to reality - and Mr. Indi has chemo today - Pffft!

1 comment:

Muderma said...

I don't think you need to worry much about Mr Indi's love of a gold handbag if he still plays squeezy bum with you !

Granny XX