Thursday, October 23, 2008

Buzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz!


At ten minutes to two, I finally conceded defeat and moved from my bedroom into the living room where I set up my pillow and blankie on the couch in the hopes of getting at least a few minutes of kip! I had just gone 15 rounds with a mosquito who had the constitution of Rocky Marciano - I swear I had killed it several times over - but the thing had more lives than our dear old long dead cat! I finally locked it in the bedroom and hoped it would fly round and round in ever decreasing circles and disappear - erm - well, you know where!


I had been lying on the couch for about 15 minutes when I heard his Lordship come out of his room and plod down the hallway into the kitchen. I recognized the rattling of teacups and so got off the couch and stuck my head round the kitchen door. "Oy!" I said. "Make me a cuppa." Mr. Indi jumped out of his skin - spilt a spoonful of sugar all over the counter and nearly did a naughty in his jammies! Needless to say, neither of us have had a very good night.


Yesterday was spent trying to find a painkiller - or combination thereof - that would help Mr. Indi with his back. He found that if he took 2 Vicodin plus a Tylenol, he could get the pain under control but when I finally managed to talk to Dina on the phone, she said, "NO, NO, NO! Too much acetaminophen - that will damage his liver." Grrr! So, she told me to come down to the clinic and pick up a new prescription - this one is for Dilaudid, a morphine based pain killer. He took it last night and it seems to work but only for a couple of hours. I think he needs a stronger dose so I will be calling Dina again today.


My meds are working - slowly. My feet are looking quite normal and my hands and elbows are much less painful. I might even be able to get in the garden this weekend and work on my pots.


The picture is a Sweet William that was growing at the Mission in San Diego. Love the color!



No comments: