Friday, October 31, 2008

Oh... Joy!


Yesterday was a pretty crappy day - on a scale of crapability it was about a 7. BUT, in amongst all the crap there was some joy! The temperature dropped at least 20 degrees as some beautiful grey clouds rolled in over the mountains - Heaven!- the clouds looked like rain - smelled like rain - felt like rain - but although it didn't rain it was wonderful. Some REAL rain is forecast for this weekend and I can hardly wait - I shall dance in it!


Most of the day was spent trying to alleviate Mr. Indi's pain. We have started to keep a log as we were getting confused as to when he took what! Or... What he took when! We have about 5 different types of pain relief from plain old analgesic to full blown morphine and we are hoping to be able to find a good combination that will keep him comfortable for most of the day - without turning him into a zombie! Especially on Halloween! So far it looks as though he can manage with 30 mg of morphine every 12 hours plus 7.5 mg Vicodin 2 or 3 times a day. It sounds like a lot of drugs but he is a big chap and it takes a lot to make the pain go away. I hate to see him in pain.


I went back to see Dr. I for a check up. She is pleased that my blood pressure has come down a bit and wants me to continue with my meds. I go back to see her in January. I do feel much better than I did a couple of weeks ago - and I'm more able to concentrate on helping his Lordship - I'm happy for that.


Today is Halloween and I've forgotten to get some candy for the little horrors -oh.... err - I mean darlings that will be coming around later so I must dive down to the shops this morning. I'm hoping that the store has marked it all as clearance to get rid of it. I shall buy all MY faves and hope that the kids don't show! More for me!


Today's picture is one from earlier in the summer. It's my strawberry pot full of impatiens - It doesn't look like that any more!

No comments: