Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Drink Some Asparagus!


Mr. Indi stayed home from work yesterday and tried to work off some of his steroid energy by helping me with some housework - which was very welcome as my elbows and knuckles are as sore as boils! Grr!. He swabbed the kitchen floor while I worked on changing the beds. We went down to Juanchos for a bite to eat at lunch time and then his Lordship was able to sleep for a little while.


He is back at work today because he needs to chair an important engineering meeting but I hope he will be home early. He sent me an email that had been forwarded to him by a kind soul at his work - it is to do with the benefits of asparagus for cancer sufferers. The email cites an article in a cancer journal from a few years ago and talks about a daily regimen of pureed asparagus. Sounds interesting. If anyone is interested - email me and I will forward the article to you.


Am I the only person on the planet who thinks that "Dancing With The Stars" is the biggest load of codswallop under the sun? Boy, I can't stand that show - so I don't watch it - but every morning the TV channel that I watch for the morning news shows replays of the stupid program. Grrr! Who wants to watch some big clumsy football player clumping about like a blind rhinoceros? When I lived in England, about 100 years ago, they had a wonderful dancing show on the tele - called "Come Dancing" - with real dancers in a real competion - it was marvelous.


The weather is getting worse instead of better. Yesterday, the temperature reached 112F at 2:00 p.m. in my back garden! Phew! I think we shall need to go to the beach this weekend and breath in some sea air - and drink up some cold drinks!


The picture is a red hibiscus that was growing at Ventura Harbour.



No comments: