Saturday, October 25, 2008

Another Week Down the Drain!


Mr. Indi still didn't feel well enough to go to work yesterday. He also needed to find out if his Lupron dose had been delivered to the clinic and, if so, he needed to get shot in the bum with a very sharp needle. So, I spent a good part of the day driving - I think I did at least 50 miles but never was more than 10 miles from the house!


The Lupron did make it to the clinic - I don't know why it has to be ordered from a pharmacy in Florida and shipped 3000 miles. Some kind of health insurance red tape , I s'pose! But, it was there and Gloria called to tell his Lordship to get his bum down to the clinic and bend over! While out and about, we made 2 trips to the drug store ( I think we keep Larry, the chemist, in business.) We also stopped at the book shop - Mr. Indi had finished the haul from last month. I picked up Ken Follett's latest -World Without End - a 1014 page epic set in 14th century England. I can't wait to finish my current read so that I can get going on it!


At lunchtime, we stopped at Chili's and were pleased to see some of our waitress friends who were happy to show us their latest baby pictures - Ahhhhh! Lunch was good but not as good as dinner. I lit the BBQ and made a piece of top sirloin steak - called London Broil, here in Umerica! It was, without a doubt, the tenderest slab of meat that I have had in a long, long time - melt in your mouth tender. I think the butcher made a mistake and stuck a lump of Kobe beef in the package by mistake. It was fabulous. I also made baked potatoes with butter and sour cream, baby peas in butter and fresh tomatoes in balsamic. It was all very scrummy!


Unfortunately, just after we had finished our dinner, Mr. Indi had one of his spells with low blood pressure. Scared me to death! So, that was that! He managed to make it to his bed and I started to pump him full of Gatorade to bring up his electrolytes. After about an hour of extreme light-headedness and nausea, he started to feel better and dozed off to sleep. I went to bed early and lay awake and listened to him snore - a good sign!


We were going to go to San Clemente today but now I don't know. I get nervous being too far from the house if he has another nasty turn. I think we should stay home.


The pink hibiscus was growing at the Mission in San Diego

No comments: