Friday, June 13, 2008

What to do with the car park?


Today, I am going to try and get my backside in gear and do some work on the latest doll house.

This house is actually a pub and the plans for it were taken from a doll house book by Brian Nickolls - I can't put my hand on the book at the moment but when I do I will note the title.


I wanted a pub that looked something like "The Albion" in Ware, Hertfordshire. My ancestor, Robert Page, owned the Albion in 1840. The pub still exists today and one of my goals is to visit the bar for a nice tall beer!


The doll house is all but finished - I am particularly proud of the Welsh slate roof -but now I need to do something with the outside. I suppose that I must make part of the front area into a car park but I also want to do a beer garden with a table and bench. I have a few supplies that I picked up from the model railway shop - trees - grass - tiny rocks - but I just don't know how to proceed. I will try and find some pub photos on the net and maybe get an inspiration!


Mr. Indi went to work today. He is feeling a bit better after taking a day off yesterday and working from home. We have given up on the Open golf championship idea. It looks as though the weather will be quite warm and I don't think either of us would be able to walk so far - and besides which - it will look great on the new big tele!


The photo is the outside of the pub. I will post a picture of the inside soon.


No comments: