Saturday, June 21, 2008

The Heat is ON!


Yesterday saw record breaking temperatures all over the area and my house was no exception. At 3 p.m. yesterday, it was 112F (44C) in my back garden......Oyvez! I am happy that I have some white flowers dotted around as they do give the appearance of coolness. The picture above is of one of the white oleanders.


Because it is so hot, I have resorted to making meals that involve little or no cooking. It's too hot to even BBQ! Yesterday I made "Auntie Pee's World Famous-People Would Die for This" potato salad. We had it with cold turkey, pickles, sliced avocado and peaches - followed by lashings of Neapolitan ice cream. See, being hot has its advantages!


A friend of mine who had read my blog, suggested that, rather than send Pinkie to the big flamingo scrap heap in the sky, I should just chuck her legs away and make her a sitting down flamingo. I think that this is a splendid idea and will mean that I should get another ten years of smiles from looking at her!


Mr. Indi is still sniffling and snuffling - spraying stuff up his nose - down his throat and heaven knows where else! I hope he gets over his cold soon.....we are running out of nose tissue!




No comments: