Sunday, June 8, 2008

Balboa






Mr. Indi didn't want to stay home so we went for a drive down to Balboa Island - Newport Beach. The weather was splendid - not a cloud in the sky and just a gentle breeze. The ocean was a lovely shade of blue. As usual, I took my camera and got a few decent shots.


First stop was under the pier. The pier at Balboa is much smaller that the other piers that I have snapped and in a way it's nicer because it lets more light in. Next we walked into town and as it was early there were very few people around. We wandered down by the boat dock and there I found a bridal party having pictures taken so I took a few myself! Pretty bride!


I like the picture of the lamp on the wall of the old Balboa Inn. Mr. Indi and I stayed there once - a few years ago - it's a lovely old place and just a short walk from the beach. Mr. Indi took a picture of an old lady eating ice cream with both hands!.....Wait a minute - that's ME!


We got home just in time to miss the Belmont Stakes race which turned out to be a right shower as the favorite - Big Brown - was pulled up going around the final turn. Sounds like the story of my life!

No comments: