Friday, June 20, 2008

My Favorite Bird!


Mr. Indi stayed home today. He was up in the night with a couple of snufflewumps and so needs to stay home, close to boxes of nose tissue and throat spray because, according to him, he is close to triple pneumonia so best be careful! I call it man flu!


About 10 years ago, when she was 6 years old, my lovely granddaughter gave me what I had always wanted for a birthday present - a pair of pink plastic flamingos for my garden. They have worn very well considering our scorching summer but just a couple of weeks ago, I was watering the flowers and noticed that Pinkie (Perkie's sister) was listing to one side on a very deformed hip joint. I asked Mr. Indi if he could fix her and of course - silly me - he said "yes" - he can fix anything.


I had quite forgotten about Miss Pinkie until a few days later when I walked into the garage and was horrified to see her almost upside down with her legs clasped in the vise. The pain - the pain!




Well, all of the torture was for naught because after vising and clamping and gluing and soldering, she was placed back in the flower bed but today I noticed that she has keeled over and is teetering at a 45 degree angle and is ready to nose dive into the Society Garlic plants. I shall be so sad to see her go........poor Pinkie.




The picture at the top is Perky - she is still going strong!


No comments: