Friday, June 6, 2008

I Knew It - I Just Knew It!


Thursday started out well. I drove down to see Peggy, my beautician, early in the morning for a lube job and oil change. I really needed a complete tune up but didn't have the time as I had to drive Mr. Indi to chemo at 9 a.m. Peggy and I had a good old yak about knitting and babies and other girl stuff. It's so nice now that I can talk!


I was back at the house at 8:45 - just in time to load up his lordship and take him to the clinic - about 7 miles away. As I dropped him off in the parking lot, I had this awful feeling of foreboding.


Back at the house by 9:20 and the next hour was spent with chores but the whole time I was just waiting for the phone to ring - I knew it would. It did and it was my friend from up the hill! We hadn't spoken for quite a while so spent an hour bending each other's ear - it was good to hear from her. I made a bit of lunch and once again waited for the phone to ring.


At 12:30 the phone rang. It was Regina. Mr. Indi had had a nasty reaction to the chemo and an ambulance was on the way to take him to the hospital. Arggggg..........I knew it.


I got to the hospital just as the ambulance pulled up. Mr. Indi was awake and alert and the ambulance man said he was doing much better. What a relief! Once in an examination room, they started an IV and gave him some Benadryl to help him go to sleep. After 4 hours, he was feeling much better and I was allowed to take him home.


It appears that the drug that caused the problem is Carboplatin and he will not be receiving it anymore. We talked to Gloria at the chemo clinic and Mr. Indi will have to go back today (Friday) to get his Aredia. That will take about an hour and a half and afterwards I will take him somewhere nice for lunch. I'm hoping for a restful weekend.


The agapanthus above is growing in my front garden.


No comments: