Monday, June 2, 2008

New Fangled Gadgets!



Sunday was a bit of a lay-about day. Mr. Indi is still trying to program one of the tele clickers so that we don't have to use 3 clickers in order to turn the thing on and get some sound through it! Grrrr........the marvels of modern technology, ain't it? I think he will need to get a PhD in advanced nuclear physics in order to figure it out. In the meantime, I watch the old tele in the back room!


I was so sorry to see the fire at Universal City. We have been several times and always had a great time at Universal and my family from England have always enjoyed it too. My thoughts are with the firemen who were injured.


Lunch was chish and fips at a British pub in Riverside - The Royal Falconer. The food was OK and the beer was great! As it was such a nice day - and, I just happened to have my camera with me - we went for a stroll down by the museums and, of course, ended up at the Mission Inn. Mr. Indi was getting a back ache so we stopped for a rest in the bar and I took the opportunity to look at some of the historic photos on the walls. I didn't realize that Amelia Earhart had been to the Mission Inn. (Learn something new every day!)


The first picture is of a beautiful statue outside the museum and the second picture is looking into the lobby of the Mission Inn from the Presidential bar.


No comments: