Thursday, June 12, 2008

Thirsty Work.


Mr. Indi went to work yesterday - against my advice. He wanted to attend an important meeting - one of those "you'd better show up or you might get volunteered for something" meetings. He was back at home by about noon and did not look at all well. He is still very pale and has bone pain in his back.


We went to see our favorite waiter, Robert, for lunch - but the food at that place has really gone down the pan and I don't think we shall be seeing Rob very often. I had the spinach ravioli in Gorgonzola sauce but it was so salty I could barely eat it. It also made me so thirsty that I had to have two bottles of beer!


Mr. Indi slept most of the afternoon and I piddled about in the front garden. The marigolds are looking splendid and, for once, have not been decimated by the snails. As I was pulling a few weeds, the Fed-Ex lady drove up with Mr. Indi's shipment of Procrit ( for anemia) - Yes, he really does have to do it himself. This will be his 3rd weekly dose. He has chosen the "grab a handful of belly and jab it" method and says it's quite painless. I believe him!


Isn't it marvelous that they can ship vials of drugs that MUST be refrigerated? The packaging is quite amazing with several small blocks of a frozen substance packed around the meds - all sealed in a polystyrene container. The marvels of modern shipping!


Picture above is some of said marigolds.

No comments: