Saturday, June 14, 2008

Truer Words.....


In the grounds of the Mission Inn in Riverside is this bust of Booker Tiliaferro Washington - the son of a black slave - who became one of America's greatest educators. A quote of his is inscribed under the bust as follows:


I HAVE LEARNED THAT SUCCESS
IS TO BE MEASURED NOT SO MUCH
BY THE POSITION THAT ONE
HAS REACHED IN LIFE,
AS BY THE OBSTACLES WHICH
HE HAS OVERCOME WHILE
TRYING TO SUCCEED.


I like that thought and wanted to include it in my ramblings.


Mr. Indi came home from work yesterday at about noon. He was shattered and after a quick bite took a nice long nap. I didn't get anything done on the doll house but I did manage to fight with a few weeds in the garden. Later in the afternoon we had a bit of a melancholy conversation about places Mr. Indi would like to go before he becomes so sick that we can't go anywhere! All very glum! Anyway - we've decided that Santa Barbara is at the top of the list as it is only a 4 hour drive and is such a beautiful spot. It's a very wealthy community and I enjoy looking at other peoples money! So I am going to be making reservations for a trip in the next 2-3 weeks.

No comments: