Saturday, June 28, 2008

Luncheon for Six


Our visitors arrived at about 11 a.m. and the first thing they noticed was our big tele - it would be difficult to miss. Everyone gave it their seal of approval.

I had decided on the Lone Star for lunch - it's not too far to drive and has a good and varied menu. D enjoyed her baked sweet potato so much that she slobbered it all down herself. R admitted to the group that her favorite drink is gin and gin - tonic just ruins it. J got tucked into the chicken fidgets (or was that fingers? Do chickens have fingers?) and, as the women gossiped, Mr. Indi and L sat quietly gnawing on red meat and occasionally grunting.

Our sister sisters will be back in our neck of the woods in early August and we hope that we can all meet up again for a bit of antiquing in Temecula - or tea and crumpets in Murietta.

R is, like me, an avid reader and I always try to find a book that I can pass along to her - although I'm not sure that she would enjoy all of my pre-owned tripe! However, I think she will like Alexander McCall Smith's The Right Attitude to Rain. I thought it was lovely.

Yesterday was Mr. Indi's - grab a handful of belly and stick myself with a sharp needle day. I'm not sure that the Procrit is helping the anemia Mr. Indi is still awfully pale but he has blood tests on Monday morning so we shall see.

I took the picture above at a beach near Cambria, California in 2006.

No comments: