Friday, June 27, 2008

Another Mission


This will not be a happy entry in my blog. I am fed up - cheesed off - and have been crying since I got up. I worked too hard in the garden yesterday and now my back and knees are in a shambles. I crawled out of bed like an 80 year old. The knuckles in my hands are as sore as boils and I can hardly pick up my cup of tea.

I am tired of the bottles of drugs that are cluttering the kitchen counter and the injectibles that are stuck in the cheese drawer. I'm tired of the notes stuck to the fridge that remind me and him of appointments for doctors - dentists - chemo - Aredia - blood tests - ad infinitum.

I wish there were just 2 free weeks where we could go away and rest and have fun - but that isn't going to happen any time soon.

But, I must go and find my happy face because we are going to lunch today with our sister sisters and J and L. Now - where did I put it?


I wasn't going to bother with a photo but I changed my mind and found this peaceful shot. I took this pic at the Mission San Carlos Borromeo de Carmelo, Carmel, California in October, 2006.


1 comment:

Muderma said...

Hey Indi ... count your blessings, not your achey back and sore knuckles. You live in a wonderful place, your garden is magnificent, you even have a lovely husband who trims nose hair !
A good cry now and then clears the eyes so you can see the good things in life ... just think, you could have been born in Darfur or a war-zone.
Big hug for you and Mr Indi ... you are both GREAT !
Love from Granny.