Monday, June 9, 2008

No More Polly's


We went to breakfast at Polly's. We haven't been out for breakfast in a very long time but Mr. Indi has been on and on about his favorite breakfast - biscuits with sausage gravy - for months. And, as I don't happen to make that southern delicacy, it was a matter of choosing a breakfast joint that does. Polly's is a fairly new restaurant and we have been before for lunch. The food's not bad but the service has always been awful. Sunday was no exception.


We waited 25 minutes for our food as folks who were seated after us got theirs! When my Eggs Benedict finally arrived, the whole plateful of food was cold and the Hollandaise sauce covering the eggs had congealed into a wobbly quivering mass. I knew if I complained, it would be another 25 minutes waiting for my grub - so I picked at a few bits to stave off the starvation had had begun to set in!


Mr. Indi scarfed his biscuits and gravy, even though he said everything was just lukewarm - he's very easy to please. Eventually, the manager saw my untouched plate and asked what the problem was. I told him. He adjusted the bill. So, no more Polly's for us.


Mr. Indi spent much of the day resting as he is coming down from all of the steriods that accompany chemo. I worked in the garden and tidied up some of my geraniums. A laid back kind of day.


Dinner was much better than breakfast! - I made RB and YP and it was delicious. I scarfed the lot and had ice cream for desert. The photo above is my dinner!

No comments: