Thursday, May 14, 2009

Well, That Won't Work!


I thought that I would get at least a little bit of rest when the carer started work today - 4 hours to spend by myself. However - the carer couldn't come (after I called her twice) because she was having sinus problems! Oh, bloody well - I don't give a big rip about your sinus problems - in this area - at this time of the year - everybody has sinus problems. All of the acacia and jacaranda trees are starting to bloom and everybody that I know has a stuffed up schnoz and a headache. Tough! I have told her not to bother coming at all. I thought in this economy that an unemployed person would jump at the chance for a bit of dosh - I guess not.


So, it's back to square one!


The nurses aide - Blanca - has a lead that she is going to follow up for me. A lady with kids in school who is looking for the type of hours that I am offering. I hope to get a phone call later today.


Mr. Indi doesn't feel so good - and I have the awful feeling that things are going bad. He is piddling like a racehorse (when I got up this morning, the catheter bag had almost exploded!) He is terribly thirsty and has awful back spasms. He also is covered in heat rash - even though I have the A/C on. Grrrr!


Each day, he loses more of his ability to move and to help me change his diaper. And, each day - I get more and more tired - so that at some point the twain shall meet! LOL - My arms will give out at the same time his body gives out! Hey Ho! For better or worse.


A friend of mine heard about my plight with the lack of Vandermint yummy liqueur and felt sorry for me! She couldn't find it either but bought me a bottle of Orange Muscat sweet wine. It sure is yummy - much better than that stinkin' Advocaat!


Thanks to all of you for advice - NOW - let me set a few things straight.

Mr. Indi and I HATE champagne!

I can't eat strawberries because of the seeds - they might get my diverticulitis going!

Our health plan only covers 2 hospice homes - one is 45 miles to the west and the other is 50 miles to the east.

My health plan only allows me one week of respite every six months - the six months isn't up- yet.

But - I love you all for caring.


Now - I must be off to make some yummy potato salad and to BBQ a lump of dead cow!


The pic is from a lovely bunch of flowers -Pink is one of my favorite colors.

2 comments:

lexi said...

Hi Indi,

Well so much for my bright ideas!

Lots of hugs and kisses
xoxo
Lexi

Anonymous said...

Heres some side effects of the morphine Indi

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/morphine-side-effects.html

but if Mr Indi is itching all over and has a rash all over, this is definitely an allergy you'd be best to call the doctor ... he may think the morphine should be stopped !
This means that the next reaction could be stronger and could become an "anaphylactic" reaction where the person has trouble breathing, so it is important to discontinue taking the morphine and switch to another kind of pain reliever