Friday, May 8, 2009

For Julie xxx


My daughter, Julie, was born on May 8, 1961 at 8:30 in the morning. She died 35 years later.


My father's funeral was at 11:00 a.m on May 8, 1961 - I missed it!


Julie was born 7 weeks prematurely, after I had spent 14 weeks in the hospital with several complications from the pregnancy. She was a cute little bunny rabbit - weighing only 3lb 4 oz. And, although she was tiny, she had a great set of lungs!


Julie suffered from a very rare birth defect - Turner's Syndrome - which, among other things, affected her stature - she was always a tiny little doll. But, she was a happy soul who loved people and especially children and, although unable to conceive a child she did eventually give birth to her son through IVF and a donor egg. He was 7 when she died.


I will always miss her and her infectious giggle - Happy Birthday Jules xxxxxxxx


No comments: