Sunday, May 10, 2009

Mother's Day - Ker ching!


Mother's Day was always a day to look forward to when the kids were little nippers. They would bring home those lovely home made cards from school and maybe a picture made of macaroni and gold spray paint. And, they would put their arms around you and gave you a squeeze that would squash your ribs! And they would promise never to leave home because they loved you so much.


WELL, that isn't exactly the way it works out - is it?


Today, Mother's Day is the day that restaurants take their biggest till. The money rolls in all day; the card shops rack up millions of bucks, and the florists sell wilted roses for an exorbitant price. And, the kids did leave home - all grown up - with their own little nippers giving them home made cards and macaroni pictures.


I wrote this:


I am a Mom
And today is my day
A day to reflect
And a day to say
That being a Mom
Can drive you insane
But can also bring you
So much joy - that your brain
Will fill with pride
As you watch them grow
And you hold them tight
And you tuck them in - in the dark of night
And you hope that they never leave your arms
Or ever come to any harm
But, even with all the love in the world
They leave
Without a "Goodbye"
Without an "I love you."
They are gone
And being a Mom will make you cry


I think my Mother's Day will be spent, in part, at the garden center (wishing Mr. Indi could be with me) and then we shall watch a movie this afternoon.


I hope all the Moms in the world have a happy day.


Picture was taken yesterday - in the front garden. Yellow roses are my favorite.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Chin up Sis, Hugs and tonnes of love Anjo XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Anonymous said...

Indi

You are one mom who fills us with inspiration.

I hope you had a special day in these bad times for you and Mr Indi.

There are times I wish I could be a fairy godmother - not often - well with my build you not gonna be one - but times like these I so wish........

Am sending you both lots of hugs & kisses

Love ya

Ann

xxxxxxx