Saturday, May 30, 2009

In The Pink!


This picture is one that I took yesterday of a beautiful pink flowering tree that is growing just down the road from my house. It is a huge tree and really stands out in the neighborhood. I posted a pic of the same tree last year - on a forum - I think. And, some kind lady in Oz or NZ gave me the name but I didn't write it down so am now back in the dark! But, it is still as lovely as ever.


The sprinkler man and his sprinkler helper came and got everything working up to snuff. They changed 4 of the anti-syphon valves and adjusted everything else. The sprinkler man assures me that, within two weeks, my lawn will be lush and green and void of any brown areas. Hahaha! Silly man! Mr. Indi and I have been here for 21 years trying to make the lawn lush and green - my flabber will be gasted if the sprinkler man can perform this miracle!


Well, the Los Angeles Lakers beat the Denver Nuggets and now move on to the final of the NBA Championship - I send my heartfelt condolences to my Denver buddy (psssst - the BEST team won!) I personally don't give a rat's bum about basketball and the sooner it is over the better. Then we can get down to the serious business of watching baseball - while drinking beer! Plus we have some serious tennis coming up and I bet it will look super on my big screen telly.


Both me and him had a terrible night and I shall probably be a grumpy old woman all day today. I lay awake most of the night - listening - listening - listening. I was expecting to hear the oxygen machine go on at any moment - but it didn't - just the cranking noise as he raised and lowered his bed. Trying to get comfy - I s'pose. The grey weather will not improve my mood either. It has been very gloomy for a couple of days and yesterday, we even had a few claps of thunder. Most strange.


Oh well - I'll soldier on. Here comes another day at the coal face!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Keep shovelling darling girl ! You are a star.!

If anybody can do it you can . xxxxxxx

hugs and kisses to you both. Sis xxxxxxx