Saturday, May 23, 2009

For Judy xxxx


My pal, Judy, is a Brummie - and, therefore she gets her own page on my blog!


I took the picture this afternoon at our little park just down the road from my house - you can see my van in the parking lot. This particular jacaranda tree is a young one and the blooms are a bit small - I will try and take some better pics in the near future. Down in the next town, they have some very mature jacarandas and the whole streets are lined with purple trees - an amazing sight! Of course, there are those people who complain about the fact that the trees shed their blossoms and make a mess on the sidewalk. Those people need to get a life!


Now, to answer your questions re: San Fran in September. Well, I worked in San Fran for 6 years and I have to say that September and October are the best times of the year. The morning fog burns off very early and the days are beautiful. The temps are usually between 65F and 75F (18C to 23 C) although I have known it be much warmer. Bring a jacket because it can get chilly in the evening. San Fran is a very free and easy city - so there is no dress code! Wear what you like - jeans, shorts, skirts - whatever.


Now, where to go and what to visit - EVERYTHING. Fisherman's Wharf is great - very tourista but wonderful seafood and a great atmosphere. Take a cruise on the bay - cheap and fun. Go across the Golden Gate Bridge to Sausalito - so pretty and with a fantastic view of the city (San Fran is one of the most beautiful cities in the world) Go to the top of the Bank of America building - 52 floors up! Ride a cable car down California St. Fabulous. Go to John Muir Woods and walk among the redwood trees - heaven.


What to wear for the wedding - whatever you want. Not too many people wear hats to weddings in California - although I have seen it done. If you have a nice titfer - wear it! For a day time wedding wear a pretty dress or nice 2 piece suit - for an evening affair wear a cocktail dress - even full length is OK. We don't have all the silly rules that they have in the UK - before 5 this and after 5 that - blah blah! LOL!


If you have some time left over - hop on a plane and come to Los Angeles and see us. Air fares are dead cheap right now. We have a spare couch or two - and lots of Baileys and a few bottles of beer. I would love the company!


I hope you like the picture.


Love and hugs xxxxxxx
p.s. Mr. Indi is very loopy today - I want some of what he is taking! Hahaha!


4 comments:

lexi said...

Indi you're a very brave lady and a true woman of courage, not to mention a truly remarkable role model and I compare you to the "pioneer woman of the West"

"Wash on Monday,
Iron on Tuesday,
Mend on Wednesday,
Churn on Thursday,
Clean on Friday,
Bake on Saturday,
Rest on Sunday."

http://books.google.com/books?id=L7gUAAAAYAAJ&dq=pioneer+woman+of+the+west&printsec=frontcover&source=bl&ots=sykmfUNdop&sig=Sq--S1NYMPq4fErJQBENoU8Qc7U&hl=en&ei=xbcYSvisKo-MtgfNzsHaDA&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=10#PPP1,M1

Hang in there!

xoxoxo
Lexi

Anonymous said...

Awwwwwww If he is loopy at least it might block the reality ! Give 'im a hug from me. And a bigun for you to ! Have a nice Sunday with son and d in l etc. Wish I could be there. Hugs hugs hugs Anjo xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anonymous said...

I want to send you a big THANK YOU. I love the purple Jacaranda tree. I would gather up the petals and use them as confetti!

I love the idea of visiting all those places in SF. Someone said not to bother with the prison in the bay. I want to see the redwood trees. Can you drive through them?

I wish I could lose weight. I fancy wearing something with roses on but maybe it sounds a bit "twee"? The bridegroom's mum is wearing a remodelled dress she wore in the 1970s, she's had it taken in!!! Ugh I feel sick.

We may not get the chance to visit you sadly. We are in SF for a week, then there's the wedding at Mendocino and our friends have then proposed a flight up to Vancouver. I hope we are allowed back into the States!

I have always wanted to be someone's pal. Ta.

Judy x

Muderma said...

" A pioneer woman of the West"

Hmmmm !

Yes, I think you are right Lexi ... I can just see Indi sitting on her rocker on the porch, smoking her corn-cob pipe, relaxing after a meal of grits !!


Hugs to Mr & Mrs Indi as usual.

I wish my ex had gone loopy ... he might have been liveable with !