Friday, May 29, 2009

Thump-Thump...Thump-Thump


The oxygen machine is helping Mr. Indi feel better - but it sure gets on my nerves! When I first had it running, I could hear this thump-thump and I was certain that it was the teenagers next door playing basketball in the back yard - (Basketball fever is in abundance in LA - it's the Lakers versus the Denver Nuggets in the semis - AND ask me if I care!)


So, it's a good thing that I didn't hop around the fence and tell the kids to knock it off with the thump-thump because when I bent over to give Mr. Indi a big sloppy kiss from another member of his fan club, I realized it was the oxygen machine - beating like a heart - or a basketball!


The pill man eventually showed up - at 4:30 in the afternoon and - guess what! He brought the same WRONG pills as he brought before! Arggg! I called the pharmacy and the silly moo on the other end of the phone told me that they sent the wrong ones (again) because they don't have any of the right ones! Oh - OK! Makes sense - NOT! I have now been to our local drug store and purchased the correct pills. How difficult can it be?


As I said, his Lordship is feeling better since he has been having oxygen but his confusion is not any better. This morning, for instance, he asked me to take his temperature so that they can release him from the hospital! Errrrr!


I got the garage door fixed yesterday. The poor old thing is about 18 years old and has been limping along for a couple of years - the motor finally seized up a few weeks ago and the rollers came off one of the rails last week. We couldn't get the door to close all the way - and while I'm not worried about burglars (there's nothing here worth having!) I didn't want a skunk or possum getting in the garage and setting up house. Anyhow, this nice garage door man fiddled about - tweaked this and that - sprayed everything with WD-40 - and VIOLA! It works. He did say that it is nearing the end of its life - Boo-Hoo - but he will help me keep it going for as long as he can. A new garage door and motor will cost about $1,200 - Horrors!


Today, the sprinkler man is coming - more money down the drain! or onto the lawn - as the case may be! But, I must get these jobs done because, as I discovered last week, I don't know diddly-squat about sprinkler systems (or garage doors!) Cor! I do miss Mr. Indi's handyman talents.


Today's pic is of a daisy. I took the pic on macro and then played around with the effects in PSP. I like it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

"Lakers versus the Denver Nuggets in the semis - AND ask me if I care!"

Ask me if I care either ...... but in this household I guess it matters !! ( I'm sticking out my tongue! )

Amazing what you learn when you have to Indi .... I've learned how to stop leaks and install a door this week ..... we'll be able to start our own handyman business soon !

The oxygen will be great for Mr Indi .... and make him more comfortable .... though make sure his face doesn't get too sweaty ... otherwise he'll be breaking out like a teenager !!

Love you both ... I keep lighting candles

xxxxxx

Anonymous said...

Our Texas friends came Tuesday and left, for about 10 days, yesterday. Phew! It's nice and peaceful once again.

We are off to Scotland tomorrow to dig up some distant rellies. I actually spoke to one today and we could actually understand one another.

I would really love to see your water lily photographs. Do you have a white one by any chance? A young lady from Hong Kong visited our house one day and admired the water lilies in our pool.(No longer there since OH cleared out). She said they symbolised peace or something similar.

It's 22 deg.C today. A beautiful day.

You are never far away from my thoughts.

Judy

I've just discovered Peach Brandy (Schnapps?) in the sideboard. Delicious.

xxxx