Sunday, May 17, 2009

Knock Me Down With a Feather!


So, I was in the kitchen, unpacking the groceries, when I saw this Fed-Ex van pull up outside and a bloke hopped out carrying a large - very posh looking - box. Well, I wasn't expecting anything and his Lordship usually tells me if he's been spending money on the internet - so I was a bit more than flabbergasted when I saw that the box contained beautiful flowers and a lovely glass vase - see pic above!


The flowers are from my lovely friends Jan and Tony in Wales. Jan and I are in the same boat - and up Sh*ts Creek without a paddle! Tony, her handsome hubby, is disabled and requires constant care - just like Mr. Indi. So, we have lots in common but we also both have a good sense of humor - part of our coping skills require a good giggle now and again. I love you, Jan!


I took the flowers outside this morning to catch a picture of them in the early morning sun. They are stunning and the freesias smell devine. I soon bought them back into the living room though as it is already very warm and threatens to reach 100F today - Argggg!


Mr. Indi was not at all well yesterday - but looks and feels much better today. The rash on his back has started to fade and I am wondering if he had a dose of some strange lurgi! It's most odd. Anyhow, he told me that he was up in the night, sweating bullets and feeling as sick as a dog - but after an hour or so - it all faded away and he slept well for the rest of the night. Hmmm!


I spent part of yesterday afternoon, looking for a B'day present for his Lordship. He wants a book on the tinkerings of Leonardo Da Vinci (Don't ask me why!) I found the perfect book but it was very expensive and is rather large - more like a coffee table book. Anyway, I hope he likes it. If not, I shall bash him up the side of the head with it! I also got him the funniest B'day card that I have ever seen. I shall scan it and post it after he has seen it on Tuesday.


I'm off to the import store today - need tea bags and can't abide by those orange pekoe rubbish bags that they sell at the supermarket. Got to get some of my fave - Bryan's Irish Tea. Bloody lovely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You lucky duck ... I love freesias !!

Reminds me of my "youth "!!