Monday, May 25, 2009

And A Good Time Was........


We had a little get together for Mr. Indi's birthday and he really enjoyed himself. I managed to get him out of bed using the Hoya lift - even though I had the sling all wonky and he had one leg dangling in mid-air and the other leg stuck up under his chin - and safely into the wheelchair. It was a special treat for him to be able to sit in the living room for a couple of hours because he usually gets chronic back pain after about 15 minutes of sitting upright - but this time he stayed pain free for most of the time and was able to enjoy his visitors.


His friend from work bought him six bottles of Russian beer! Real Russian beer. The beer is numbered from 0 to 5 - 0 being non-alcohol to 5 being a bit like vodka! I tried a few sips myself and found it to be a bit like swamp water - but, I suppose if we ever run out of brewskis, the Russian brew will do! He also received the most fabulous chocolate covered strawberries that I have ever seen - 6 of them dipped in dark chocolate and 6 dipped in white chocolate. I feel like this is cruel and unusual punishment as people ought to know that I can't eat the rotten things!


After a couple of hours of too much merriment, I was able to get him back in the bed - even though the sling was still wonky and stuck halfway up his bum! He sure was glad to be able to lie down and enjoy a nice cup of tea with apple pie and ice cream - Yummy.


I think he had a nice day and today will be wearing one of the super comic book tee shirts that he got as a pressie. I think Batman would be good for a holiday Monday!


My next post will be a poem that I wrote the other night.

2 comments:

Muderma said...

SO SPECIAL to see Mr Indi smiling and looking good ...

... but why is he wearing his birthday cake on his head ??

XX

Anonymous said...

I think he looks a real cool dude! Is it alright to say this? I just hope it's not too rude.

You really pulled out the stops to ensure Mr. Indi had a special day.

Judy x