Tuesday, May 19, 2009

And Another Year Bites The Dust!


Today is John's 59th birthday and I hope you all like his card as much as he did - I would say that he wet his pants laughing BUT that isn't exactly true! He filled up his bag laughing!


We have nothing planned today - except for a visit from his older brother. Big bro will bring lunch for the two of them and I will get the chance to either sit in the garden and try to read my book (I fall asleep after 2 pages every night!) or go to the park with my camera and snap the jacaranda trees. We will have a little gathering on Sunday afternoon and anyone and everyone is invited to stop by for apple pie and ice cream - the front door will be open.


I had a terrible night due to Mr. Indi and his fiddling about. He dropped his backscratcher on the floor at 12:30 a.m. and then I could hear him messing about with his claw grabber gizmo trying to pick it up. I should have got out of my nice comfy bed and gone and retrieved it for him but then I thought - that will teach him not to have the backscratcher in the bed! But, I regretted my decision because, ten minutes later, after he had grabbed the bloody backscratcher - he went to turn the lamp out on the side table and knocked it onto the floor! ARGGGG! I dived out of bed - ran into his room and gave him a right going over. After that - silence!


Yesterday, I interviewed a woman for the position of part time carer. She seems perfect and will start next Tuesday. She is an older Mexican lady who works in an elder-care facility on weekends. She is very familiar with bed pans and diapers. As my friend, Sybil said, "She's qualified in poopology." (Or words to that effect!) She also will prepare meals and do light housework. Her English is a little shaky but she understands it better than she speaks it - if you know what I mean. Anyway - we will give her a go.


Nursie spent quite a bit of time with his Lordship yesterday and at last gave in to my premise that John has a bladder infection. She called the doc's office and got the OK to order him a 7 day course of anti-b's. I can already see a difference in his wee-wee today - much clearer. I should have been a nurse - No Thanks! She also ordered him some steroid type of cream for his rash - and that seems to help as he was much more comfortable last night - except when he was knocking stuff over!


A couple of notes:

A big 'Thank You" to Anon for the link to the pictures of Reading Crem. Much appreciated.

Ta everso to Grannie for the cute B'day ecard that you sent for his Lordship - I have forwarded it to his works computer. He will get a kick out of it. xxxxx



2 comments:

Muderma said...

Did Himself like da Vinci ?

You were going to belt him with the book if he didn't !!

Glad the eCard got there ...

XXXXXXXXX for him and X for you !

Daria said...

Please wish John a happy 59th.

Hope John has a good day for his birthday.