Wednesday, May 6, 2009

I Got a Few Smiles - and Stares!


Yesterday, I went completely round the bend and spray painted my spiky hair with day-glo orange hair color! I did it to match a pretty blouse that I bought the other day AND because I wanted to be a hip old bag! Or an old bag with a bad hip?


The result was met with mixed reviews.


When I walked into Mr. Indi's room he said, "Hmmmmm - that's different - will it wash out?"


When I went to the model shop (Mr. Indi wanted a teeny-weeny paint brush - possibly with only one sable hair!) the lad behind the counter - a pimply youth of about 17 with 4 earrings and something stuck in his nose, went into the back of the shop and I heard him telling his cohorts. "Oy, come and look at this old woman." Cheeky!


But, when I ran into my friend, Angela (who is all of about 27 years old and very up to the minute) she gasped, "WOW - that is too coooooooooooooool!"


Today, I am wearing a florescent green blouse and I do have the hair paint to match but haven't worked up the guts to do it! Maybe next week.


Several people have suggested that we have Mr. Indi's bed and all of his associated clobber moved into the living room. However, it just wouldn't be feasible in this old house. The living room is at the back of the house and the only view is the garden where I suppose his Lordship could watch the grass grow. On the the other hand, his bedroom faces the street and he can watch the comings and goings of the neighbors - the garbage men - the postman - and he can see me as I drive up the street! He likes the action! LOL. Also, the living room is at one end of the house and my bedroom is at the other end - I don't know if I would hear him if he called for me in the middle of the night. Anyway, thanks for all of the suggestions.


Along with being the head cook and bottle washer around here - I also have to keep track of all of Mr. Indi's meds - AND, he takes lots of meds. I notify the nurse when we are running low and she will place the order with the pharmacy who then deliver the drugs to the house. I gave her my order the other day - ibuprofen 400mg - and she ordered something completely different. It's a good thing I'm not on the Baileys all day! Mr. Indi would be long gone!


I just got a statement from the insurance company for Mr. Indi's home hospice. This outfit is getting over $5000 a month. WHAT! I'm doing all the bloody work! I think I should get a cut - 50% would do!


The picture is of my highly poisonous oleander - although I don't eat much of it! It's actually against the law to own oleander bushes in this town - it kills horses. But I don't have a horse so please don't call the cops!

2 comments:

Muderma said...

Please, please, PLEASE ... a picture of the orange hair with the fluorescent green blouse ... and you wearing them !

And I thought I was an old hippy with odd striped socks and an Indian shirt ...

I think Himself with the view out the window in a small room is a better bet than Himself in the main room with nothing to see outside the window. He at least can see there's something going on in the world thats not just bed-pans and pills.

Hugzzzzzzzz ...

Granny

Anonymous said...

Go green, pink, blue whatever bloody colour ya like.

They just jealous!

Ann
xxxxxx