Tuesday, May 5, 2009

On My Bike - And Off it!


Yesterday, I received a phone call from a person who is a volunteer with a certain charity - that I will not mention. She had heard about Mr. Indi's plight and offered to come and sit with him while I get on about my business. WELL, maybe I'm just tired or grumpy BUT - the offer to COME AND SIT WITH HIM got right up my nose.


I WANT TO SIT WITH HIM!!!!!!


If people want to volunteer - please offer to cook a meal and do all the washing up so that I can sit with my dying husband! Please offer to do some laundry or some ironing (underwear excluded!) so that I can sit with my husband. Please offer to water my garden or fertilize my potted plants so that I can sit with my husband. I am up at 4:30 each day emptying his catheter bag and from then on it is go, go, go. I finally sit with him in the evening after dinner for a little while.


Yes, there are times that I need a babysitter - if I am going to be gone from the house for longer than an hour - and I am ever grateful for that. I am also grateful to the people who do help me out with actual chores - yesterday Enrique came and washed my cars - lovely man. But please, don't offer to sit with Mr. Indi - I want to do that job!


Now that I have probably offended a few people - I'll get off my bike!


Today is Cinco De Mayo (5th of May) a big celebration in Southern California - home to many many Mexicans. Many people believe that it is Mexican Independence Day - WRONG! It is the celebration of the defeat of the French Army - by a much smaller Mexican Army - at the Battle of Puebla on May 5, 1862. It is also the number one excuse to go out and have a few brewskis - Dos XX being the cerveza of choice! I might indulge at lunch time!


On a very happy note - I received a lovely email from a man named Mark Mcclure who has been following my blog. He has written about me and Mr. Indi on his web page and I feel very humble. Thank you Mark - you are too kind!



Today's picture is of some flowers!





3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a nice man Mark Mcclure is, he obviously thinks you guys are great.

I do too ! Lots of love. Anjo xxxxxxx

Angela said...

If you've offended a few, you're entitled! May you get a few more hands so that you can take the seat....next to your husband, for more than an exhausted minute.

The other Angela
xxx

Lexi said...

Hi Indi,

Your simple request brought tears to my eyes. ;-( and it got me to thinking about someone I knew who's husband was passing of cancer.

She moved all the furniture against the walls in the living room and set up her husband's hospital bed up in the living room, so he could watch all the activity in the center of the house, especially the kitchen. When their family would come to visit, the husband would have a giant smile on his mug to see them entering through the front door.

I can hear you groaning 3,000 miles away, but

Extra hugs to mr. indi and a giant one for u 2

Love ya
Lexi