Friday, May 15, 2009

Cheesed!


Yes - today I am cheesed beyond belief!


Mr. Indi had a terrible night - and this morning his tube from his bladder to his catheter was full of bubbles and foam. It looked as though he had hooked himself up to a keg of Budweiser! I called the hospice service and the nurse called back 2 hours later - he could have been dead - but wasn't! She had never heard of such a thing and said she would be right out to check on it.


In talking to Mr. Indi - the master tinkerer of the universe - it appears that the tube had become loose a few days ago and he had use epoxy glue to stop it from slipping! AHHHHHHH! What kind of nice gentleman (doofus) would try to fix his catheter with epoxy!


Anyhow, Nursie changed his catheter tube and his urine now looks clear - no foaming or bubbling. However - I don't think things are right and will not sleep well again tonight.


The rash is still there - and thank you Anon for your note re: morphine allergy. But, in talking to the nurse and the nurses aide - they both are sure that it is heat rash. It is quite warm here and he is lying on his back all day and causing moisture from sweat. I am coating him in calamine and baby powder - he smells like a baby's bum - and this seems to be helping. The nurse will be back on Monday and will assess the situation.


Now, another thing that has really got up my goat! On an internet board - to do with genealogy - I had asked if someone could please take a picture of the Garden of Remembrance where my daughter's ashes were strewn. I wanted the picture for her birthday - May 8th. A person offered to do this for me and asked for my email addy to send the photo. May 8th came and went - the photo never came. If you can't do it - don't offer. It causes people to cry!


I went to spend my gift card - at a major department store. I wish Mr. Indi could come with me - I cried because he can't. I found a couple of things that suited my needs and went to a cash register to pay. I stood in line for at least 15 minutes while the shop clerk tried to help some silly cow whose credit card didn't work! GRRR! I finally got cheesed off and went to another cash register and got behind another stupid cow who was trying to return goods without any tags on them! GRRRR! Altogether, I spent 30 minutes waiting in line. I left the store in a rage and got stuck in traffic on the way home. Mr. Indi got his lunch an hour late today - I didn't get anything to eat till 3:00 pm - after I had changed diapers - emptied the rubbish - put a load of stuff in the dryer - and folded a load of dry stuff.


I am tired - fed up - cheesed off! But, yesterday I made a lovely potato salad and so tonight will be an easy dinner - cold meat, potato salad and green salad with ranch dressing. YUM! No cooking.


Another pic of a yellow rose - and now I'm off to open the Bailys. And if people think I drink too much - Oh well - I also work too hard!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ingredients -

1 part Baileys
1 part Kahlua
1 part butterscotch schnapps
1 part cream
Instructions:

Shake ingredients with ice and pour into a rocks glass.

yummmmmmm !! ,,,, then sit in a chair and listen to the quiet ! now THAT's relaxing !

Thinking of you Girl !

PS .... ice packs and Aloe Vera are good too for Mr Indi !

Anonymous said...

Here's some pictures to be going on with - till you get yours !!

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=cr&CRid=1968519

Muderma said...

I'm ashamed that you didn't get your photo's ... I know how much they would have meant to you.

Did you mention Hereford to the Banjo ? I'm quite harmless !

Indi, you never fail to make me laugh out loud ... epoxy glue on a catheter ? You kidding ?? No, probably not ...

Keep smiling, laughing, coping ... you're my nomination for this years Saints Awards ...

Lots of love ... Grannie ...

Muderma said...

I just noticed you said you FOLDED the stuff out of the dryer ... you didn't IRON it !

WELL DONE !! Give yourself an extra Baileys for being sensible ... AT LAST !!