Friday, February 20, 2009

Old Lamb and a New Scarf!


We only had one visitor yesterday, Miss Lillian, the nurse's aid. She came and gave Mr. Indi a lovely bath and massaged his legs with some good smelly lotion. After she was finished, he took his meds and was able to take a nice nap for a couple of hours while I did a bit of skivvying.


My lovely neighbor, Lourdes (Mrs. Jesus) did a week's worth of ironing and refused to take any money from me - but I went and got another gift certificate from the grocery store and told her to shurrup! I said that we can both help each other - I need the ironing done and she needs the money - a fair deal! Also - she has knitted me a beautiful bright red scarf. Wow! It's a stunner.


Mr. Indi has decided not to take the rest of the chemo pills - I think there are only about 5 left. He wants to build up his strength in order to get from the bed to the wheelchair and back - and the chemo is just dragging him down too much. He doesn't feel that this chemo regimen is doing him any good and will probably not continue when his next infusion is due. (Next week)


The hospital bed is not working out as well as we had hoped. I think it may be because his Lordship is 6'2" and can't seem to get comfortable even though sitting up is easier. I have tried to crank the bed frame up a few inches but can't seem to budge the blasted thing. Even Miss Lillian had a go but she only moved it about one inch!


Made a nice dinner of lamb chops (Australian) roasties, onion sauce, carrots and cabbage last night - the lamb had seen better days but Mr. Indi enjoyed the flavours and the veg are always good for him. I do hope he has a better day today - yesterday was painful and frustrating for him.


The lovely picture is of a beautiful lake in New Hampshire sent to me by my buddy, Lexi xxxx

2 comments:

lexi said...

Follow Your Dream
Take One Step At A Time
Don't Settle For Less
Just Continue To Climb
Follow Your Dream
If You Stumble Don't Stop
Keep Your Eye On The Goal
Press On To The Top
For Only On Top
Can You See The Whole View
You See What You've Done,
And What You Can Do
So, Press On And Follow Your Dream

Amanda Bradley

Anonymous said...

Hi IPA

My Houston friend tried to teach me speed-reading so I tried with today's blog. I thought I read you went "Sky-diving" but it was scivvying! Phew, I did wonder.
Judy Ward End